Clara.io Content Guidelines
Clara.io is a global platform for creating 3D content and a community for educating new 3D artists. We support creativity, self-expression, and artistic vision. As we continue to grow as a company, we want to define content and behavior that has negative impacts on our users, threatens our infrastructure, or damages the perception of our community as a space accessible to all users.
What Clara.io is for
Clara.io celebrates accessibility and imagination. We want to create an open space for users to create 3D assets for personal and educational reasons. For business use, please visit Threekit.
What Clara.io is not for
- Terrorism. We don’t tolerate content that promotes, encourages, or incites acts of terrorism. That includes images that support or celebrate terrorist organizations, their leaders, or are associated with violent activities.
- Hate Imagery. Images that promote or incite the hatred or dehumanizing of individuals or groups based on race, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or disease.
- Harm to Minors. Be thoughtful when posting images depicting a minor and ensure that other users cannot interpret them to be sexually suggestive.
- Adult Content. Do not create or upload models that show human genitals or female-presenting nipples. Certain types of artistic, educational, newsworthy, or political content featuring nudity are acceptable under our sole discretion. Do not upload any content that depicts sex acts. You can read more about our guidelines for adult content here.
- Violent Content and Threats, Gore and Mutilation. Do not post content that includes threats of theft, property damage, or financial harm. Do not showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals (including bestiality), or their remains. Don’t post content that encourages or incites violence, or glorifies acts of violence or the perpetrators.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement. Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you are not allowed to use someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked work (either by license or by legal exceptions and limitations such as fair use), do not upload 3D content of it.
If we conclude that you are violating these guidelines, you may receive a notice via email. If you don’t explain or correct your behavior, we may take action against your account. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases, we reserve the right to suspend accounts, or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, and community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these guidelines in our sole discretion, and these guidelines don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
You can report violations of these guidelines to us directly.
You can remove your own content at any time. If you need help doing that, you can find instructions over in our documentation site.
If you have questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Is adult content allowed on Clara.io?
Adult content is not allowed on Clara.io, regardless of your age. If you discover a scene that you don’t think belongs on Clara.io, you can report it directly from the model page by clicking the “Report this Scene” button to the right of the image. This will automatically notify our content management team and we will evaluate the image. If you provide your email address, we will notify you once we have completed our review process.
What is “adult content?”
Adult content includes images or models that show realistic human genitals or female-presenting nipples and any content depicting sexual activity.
What is permitted?
Examples of exceptions that are permitted are exposed female-presenting nipples in connection with breastfeeding and medical imagery, such as medical models or diagrams. Nudity found in art, such as sculptures and illustrations, are also acceptable images.
What will happen to my adult content already on Clara.io?
We will send out email notices to members of the Clara.io community whose content has been flagged as adult. If your post has been flagged as adult, it may be reverted to a private setting viewable only by you or deleted at our discretion. If you want to learn more about how to see those posts, see this help article.
Please ensure the email associated with your Clara.io account is one you use regularly, as we will be using it to email you.
My content was flagged as adult, but I don’t think it should be. What should I do?
If you feel that we have categorized your image incorrectly, you can appeal this decision by emailing our content management team.